Thursday, December 27, 2012

Wine totes made for Christmas presents

I belong to a guild that has member-teacher classes.  I took this class before Christmas to make wine totes, thought they would make great hostess gifts with a little bottle of wine inside.  Meanwhile, I purchased a new sewing machine, Bernina Artista 200/730E and tried my first attempt at free motion quilting using the BSR on the second wine tote.  I was excited about my first try and am looking forward to completing some little projects doing my own quilting.

This tote has straight up and down stitching which added to the fabric.

 This wine tote includes my first attempt at free motion quilting.  I quilted just inside all the poinsettia petals and inside the leaves.  


Close up of my quilting in the poinsettia and leaves
                                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment